Tuesday 24 February 2009

my second blog ever! LAW!

....it's really late, I am really tired, but only now becoming very interested in the information I am supposed to have digested over the last few months. The provider of the BVC, remember, the expensive one, have very kindly recorded revision lectures, just for me. Of course I downloaded it to my mp3 player to listen to on my commute to work. Of course I always listened to music on the majority of those journeys. Exam looming, the serious hand is now been turned in some part of my brain.

Right now, I am listening to a monotonous lady's voice as she reads from a script. She is Zzzzz boring, (Oh my Lord, she has just sneezed....couldn't fork out for special editing) but she is easier to listen to than read up again, or could that be for the first time! The course fees are probably due to the cost of about 4 of our text books, and photocopied "manuals" and mock-up "briefs" produced by the institution. The majority of the textbooks are mammoth paper blocks of legalese, wafer thin papers enclosed in a smart hard back... The car I currently drive actually cost less than one of those said books. Babygirl is a banger, but a beautiful banger, She has never ever let me down, is cheap on petrol, tax and insurance and takes me where I wanna go, except at the moment as a little prat in a big new shiny car bumped her beautiful side and now Mr Mechanic thinks she is not worthy of repair. I could kill him.

Monotonous is still going on.....burden and standard of proof, sentencing requirements, prosecution disclosure....detention periods....So far, so good...no bits I have never heard of, that is always a good start.....not feeling too nervous yet, give it till the end of the week....

Because of Mr Pratinshinycar, I am more familiar with Civil Law, especially claims for damages due to the paper fight my insurers are having with his...... 100% liability looks like it wants to lie in my bed as the third party's own insurers have sent an investigator to his car, but not to mine....he was in the wrong and I trust this will be borne out in the evidence (sounding like a lawyer already) My interest is in Criminal Law, however I appear to be better at Civil. Is someone trying to tell me something?

The revision lecture for Criminal is still going....she goes on for 1hr 18mins and 18secs...I must be dedicated. Will be knackered in the am, just in time for work!

1 comment: