Monday 23 February 2009

My first ever blog!

I should have started this Blog last September really when I commenced the BVC...but I didn't. I didn't really get to grips with the amount of work that this course required really until NOW!

I have an exam on the 28th of this month- Multiple choice, at a leading provider's institution, for a leading providers fee...expensive. (VERY) Anyway, expense apart, I thoroughly enjoy the course and want to share some of my experiences with you...it makes me feel better.

I am a female who wants to go to the bar and practice the all exciting, cliched Criminal defence law, but I am practical and realistic. The field is saturated with students of excellent calibre who demonstrate their knowledge of various ski resorts, ponies kept in stables behind the family home and a bank account that is not subject to bounced cheque charges, interest on overdrafts, or the worry that the next transaction will put you over the limit. (ever had to go to the bank and ask the cashier very quietly for a fiver type of broke but I digress......)

This is my Blog. I live in an inner city that has all of the prerequisites for me to open a defence criminal practice right now, if only I were qualified and wanting to become a solicitor. Having completed some work in Police Stations in this city, I have become accustomed to the dirty stale smell of the cells and the inhabitants of them, who over the years are getting increasingly younger...and I can see myself back there in the role of Practising Barrister.. What do I have to do then to get there you may ask? I need to be hot, shit hot, really hot and different...I am that already, different, but how different...an I different enough to succeed in the world of greedy lawyers, trustworthy clients and defendants...time will tell. born with a silver spoon I was not, but determined I am.

Sincerely, the belief that I will make a good barrister is the only thing pushing me on and giving me encouragement. You see I am a people person. Give me people and I will thrive. I like people, good and bad and I enjoy seeking solutions to problems before me. I was the child that was never satisfied with the answer given and would always ask why something couldn't be done differently to achieve the same objective....I see that in lawyers. I am one by name only at present, it would be satisfying to see my name in lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment