Tuesday 29 December 2009

Christmas, Exams and Life!

Apologies, once again. Can you believe two whole months have passed since I last made an entry?

I can!

BVC-thus far.

Well, it has been a hard long slog, one in which only the strong survive. (and even then I feel f@cked)

This month I have to ensure I have revised Criminal and Civil Litigation, in time for the MCT's in mid Jan. Also have to make sure I am prepared for my Negotiation Mock assessment where I will be paired with a real barrister as opposed to an actor as in previous assessments. I am more confident with applications and hope that I get through this next set with some of my brain cells still in tact.

After January, comes February, then March, then April, and finally in May, THE END!

I still have major prep for the MCT's, and have to pick my Options. Thus far, I am settled on Advanced Criminal Litigation and PI. There are other modules I would like to do, but one has to be realistic, given I am what one might term a "mature student" who neither went to Oxford or Cambridge, is 1ft tall, with three arms and 4 feet! The elusive pupillage may evade me for 2010 entry. This, I am prepared for, but if pupillage is not forthcoming within 2-3 years, off to the nearest solicitors office, for me.

I wonder how many of the BVC students, within a 3 year period, actually make it to the Bar? Anyone know?

2 comments:

  1. Advanced crim for me too BG. Still unsure about the second option, but am swayed towards either the property and chancery or the company option. I am informed that the property option is mostly landlord and tenant, so is of use if lucky enough to get a pupillage.

    Good luck with the MCT revision - I've made a start, but it's painful and as for hearsay...

    ReplyDelete
  2. BG, if you really are 1ft tall, have 3 arms and 4 legs, you might be in my class! We have some well dodgy students.

    Good luck with the MCT's. Swiss tends to just make random patterns on the answer paper and see what happens. Passed the mocks pretty well with that formula, so will be doing it again. It helps that you can get the paper done in 5 minutes each too.

    Swizz

    ReplyDelete